Monday 8 April 2013

Revamp of the next shelter & Clearing with Dan



I've made a start on the roof of the shelter.




This is what I took down - not very good in the first place!



This is as far as I got on Sunday afternoon.  
I've reduced the height of the supports on the left to increase the roof angle 
so that it shed rain and snow more effectively.



Dan came down with me today and we felled a dozen or so fairly straight hornbeams to make the roof struts.  Then we had lunch and did some clearing up in the afternoon with a couple of bonfires.


More shelter work next time I go down to the woods.





Dan did the chainsawing and I did the bonfire.




It was very hot!



I made a stack of some old, previously felled apple wood.  
When its dried out a bit it will be lovely on the open fire.







2 comments:

  1. Hellо, Neаt ρost. There is аn iѕsue tοgethеr
    with your ωebsite in intеrnet exploгеr, сοuld chеck this?
    IE nоnеtheless is the mагket leаdeг and а huge сomрonent of people will leаvе οut your great wгiting bеcausе of this pгoblem.


    Fеel free to surf to my ωeb site - http://portal.Redcaribe.Com/Node/2082

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastіc goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you're ϳuѕt extremely magnificent.

    I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stаting
    and the way in ωhiсh you say it. You make it
    entertaining and you still care for to keеp it wise.
    Ι can't wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; www.cheerchannel.com

    ReplyDelete