I've made a start on the roof of the shelter.
This is what I took down - not very good in the first place!
This is as far as I got on Sunday afternoon.
I've reduced the height of the supports on the left to increase the roof angle
so that it shed rain and snow more effectively.
Dan came down with me today and we felled a dozen or so fairly straight hornbeams to make the roof struts. Then we had lunch and did some clearing up in the afternoon with a couple of bonfires.
More shelter work next time I go down to the woods.
Dan did the chainsawing and I did the bonfire.
It was very hot!
I made a stack of some old, previously felled apple wood.
When its dried out a bit it will be lovely on the open fire.