Saturday 12 April 2014

Clearing the Storm Damage


Since the October storms, I haven't had much chance to clear up as I've been coppicing the chestnut.
Around 100 larch trees were blown down.  Now its time to start.



I posted some pictures of the damage in my post last October.  
Here are some more.









That's just a few of them!

I cut them up into either 3' lengths for logs, 8' lengths for posts or 10' lengths for milling depending on the diameter.

And I burnt the branches.


One of the trees had fallen across one of my charcoal drums and had to be gently removed:


The ladder you can just see near the drums is my guide for the Alaskan Mill.  
I've made a start on milling some of the larger logs.

Later on I'd made a bit of a clearance:



Still got another few dozen trees to deal with!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment