Since the October storms, I haven't had much chance to clear up as I've been coppicing the chestnut.
Around 100 larch trees were blown down. Now its time to start.
I posted some pictures of the damage in my post last October.
Here are some more.
That's just a few of them!
I cut them up into either 3' lengths for logs, 8' lengths for posts or 10' lengths for milling depending on the diameter.
And I burnt the branches.
One of the trees had fallen across one of my charcoal drums and had to be gently removed:
The ladder you can just see near the drums is my guide for the Alaskan Mill.
I've made a start on milling some of the larger logs.
Later on I'd made a bit of a clearance:
Still got another few dozen trees to deal with!!!!